For most businesses, the off-season is a very dreadful time. It may feel threatening and depressing, there are ways you can make sure your business is staying afloat and heading toward success in this tumultuous time. Today, we will specifically share with you five proven-effective off-season solar marketing strategies.
Strategy #1: Offer Discounts, Bundles and Other Promotions
No one can deny the power of discounts. Providing coupons and gift certificates is a simple yet powerful off-season solar marketing strategy out there. When creating promotions, however, you ought to consider the following:
- Produce a variety of promotions to target your different customer segments.
- Don’t forget your branding. Always add your slogan as well as website and social media links for further interaction.
- Make limited promotions (e.g., available only for a week) to create a sense of urgency.
- Aside from discounts, you can also offer referral rewards. This is a great way to improve customer retention and reach out to more prospective clients.
Strategy #2: Find a Partner in Crime
It might not seem like it, but there are actually numerous solar products and services in the market today. Partnering with companies that promote the same principles as yours without directly competing with your business is a great way to reach more people and offer better incentives. For greater results, you might want to do the following:
Look for organizations that are bigger than yours, specifically in terms of popularity and followers
Work on a marketing plan, focusing on possible benefits and profits, and present it to companies you desire to collaborate with. This will increase your chances of starting a successful partnership.
Make sure that goals and the division of tasks and profits are clear. Offer all viable communication lines to avoid as many conflicts as possible.
Strategy #3: Create a New Series of Emails or Newsletters
When planning your off-season solar marketing campaign, you shouldn’t focus only on your sales. You should also think of ways to engage your existing customers and develop their sense of loyalty. Remember that most business’ sales come from repeat business rather than new, so it’s your duty to stay in touch with them.
One of the best ways to do that is through emails and newsletters. Emails are specifically useful as they are personal and make your customers feel special and valued. It can easily be forwarded to friends who might be interested with your offers, too. To make your email or newsletter as great as possible, you should consider the following:
- Always keep it short. If you can, stick with 150 words or less.
- Create very catchy subject lines, but avoid the spam-trigger words like “free,” “act now,” “!!!,” “attention,” and “visit our website,” name a few.
- Use images to enhance the look and feel of your message.
- If you are offering discounts, include and highlight it.
- Don’t forget to add links to your website and social media pages at the end of every email or newsletter.
Strategy #4: Start an Intensive Social Media Campaign
Just about everyone has a social media account today, be it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other popular networks. You should take advantage of this fact, and use social media for your off-season solar marketing. Not only can you use it to spread the word about your products’ benefits, but you can also use it for the following:
- Quick and painless customer service
- Generating ideas for new products and promos
- Developing customer retention and reaching out to more of your target audiences
Strategy #5: Organize a Live Event
Finally, you can build people’s excitement and passion for your business through a live event. This event can include an exhibit of your products, a general solar seminar, and some contests people of all ages can enjoy. This solar marketing strategy works specifically well when partnered with promos, emails, and a social media campaign.
Off-season solar marketing feels like a burden for many, but if planned and done smartly, it can be your key to fame and fortune. Try the marketing strategies we shared with you today, and see the difference it can make for your business.
Also! Make sure before you start your marketing strategies you have a solid, recognizable brand that accurately represents your solar company. Download our brand development guide below: